A home’s roof and siding are among its most important parts. It effectively shields you and your family from the elements, while also offering aesthetic and curb appeal. As siding and roofing age with the years, its ability to provide adequate shelter and appearance diminish. It is important for homeowners to stay on top of issues that might arise with an aging home to avoid costly repairs down the road. Here, at Precise Exteriors in Hugo, MN, we boast a wide variety of roofing and siding styles to match your individual preferences and needs. Discover the signs that your home’s exterior might need repair or replacement.
When it comes to your home, it’s important to keep an eye out for certain repair jobs to help avoid any more costly repairs down the road. Survey your roof for these signs after any serious storm to determine if it is in need of repair.
*DISCLAIMER: Climbing on your roof can lead to slips and falls that might lead to serious injury or death.*
- We check the area around your vent pipes for any dents in the roof’s metal flashing or lead boots.
- We check for any cracks, dips, or shingle fragments in your roof.
If repairs are left unattended or undetected it could lead to more costly and extensive repairs. Check your roof and home for these signs that it might need to be replaced.
- Water damage in your attic.
- Soft spots on your roof.
- Any cracks or dips in your roof.
- Bruises from hail.
Siding Repair and Replacement
There are many indicators to keep an eye out for when searching for damage done to your home’s siding. Siding protects a home’s interior drywall and insulation, so it’s important to regularly examine your home.
- Water Stains – This will signal that water may be entering the siding and affecting the interior of the home.
- Rot or Mold – Mold on your interior drywall can indicate that your siding has failed in some areas and need to be repaired.
- Pests and Insects – For owners of wood siding, act fast at the first sign of termites. For vinyl and wood alike, if you are noticing rodents in between your interior and exterior wall, find the areas where they may be entering and make corrections.
- Paint – Your neighbors will thank you for this repair. Keeping up with the paint on your siding can help keep up your home’s aesthetic.
- Seams and Caulk – Caulk can crack and wear away over time especially by UV rays. If there are gaps in areas, it can result in the failure of your siding and a lack of weather tightness.
- Nails – Keep an eye out for exposed, missing or rusty nails. Rust indicates water damage, while exposed or missing nails shows that your siding is expanding, contracting or shifting.
Have you noticed any of these signs on your home’s roofing or siding? It might be time to call in the experts! Contact us, for an evaluation of your home today.